Questions Sellers Should Ask Before They Hire A Real Estate Agent
Making the decision about who will help you sell your home is never an easy task. Ideally you will interview three REALTORS® and choose the real estate agent that has not only the most sales experience but also has extensive knowledge about your local area. While you are the one putting your home up for sale, the agent you choose to be your representative should be able to sell your local area to people that want to relocate into your area. It’s this expertise that can make all the difference in how your home is marketed to potential buyers and how new people to the area fall in love with your home, just as you did when you made your decision to live there. Before you sign the listing agreement, ask these questions during your real estate agent interviews to help you make the best choice.
The sale of your home is a huge financial transaction and you should have every confidence in the experience and capability of your chosen REALTOR®. Choose wisely and you can turn this usually stressful event into a satisfying and profitable experience.
- How long have you been selling real estate?
- What is your average list-to-selling-price ratio?
- What experience do you have in this area?
- Do I need to sign a listing agreement?
- Can I cancel the listing agreement if I am unhappy with your services?
- What is your commission rate?
- How will you determine the listing price of my home?
- How will you market my home?
- What are your office/work hours?
- Will I be dealing only with you or do you have a partner or assistant?
- How will I be able to contact you (text, email, phone)?
- Do you have a website?
- Do you usually recommend Open Houses?
- Can you provide any references?
- Is there anything that I haven’t asked that I should know?
This article is copyright Realty Point™ Inc and may not be reproduced in any format without prior written permission.